Wednesday, March 27, 2024

A Card Carrying Atheist

To be a card carrying Atheist, you'll first need to acquire a felt tip pen, some scissors, and a piece of cardboard. Write anything you like on the card, but it should somehow refer to the topic of being an Atheist.

Late reflections on god after considering ones precarious mortality (it's only precarious when you think about it), lead me to conclude that most (but not all) memory depends on physical matter, such as the juxtaposition of objects or string of events inside our brain, matched with something similar on the outside.

I'm saying "not all" memory is recorded that way because I occasionally have remembered things that hadn't yet happened. As a teenager, my mom sold tickets at the Senator Theater in Chico. She told me several times that when watching old movies she knew what was going to happen next, probably, she said, because she'd seen it years before. I'm not too sure that's always the case because I sometimes recognize some piece of a movie plot even when I haven't seen the movie (40 yr car gypsy w/ no computer or access). It might be some kind of deja-vu but other times I've definitely remembered the sequence of having the information and wondering what it was about, sometimes years before the event occurred. I further doubt that I'm the only person who does that.

The point of this is whether thinking exists without physical support. Some say that thought creates the world. Well yes it does in a way, I imagine something before I draw it out before I start to build it, but that's part of a feedback loop that starts with having a physical agency first, not through thought before the agency.

If thought could realize physical stuff before agency, I'd be surrounded by hot babes. But duh! Nope it's something else.

But to continue about thinking w/ no physical reference: There's a patriarchal god in heaven and then there's hot babes on earth. Medieval monks said god existed before hot babes, but I doubt that's true. It's more like an entirely cerebral statement of tribal status quo among a bunch of guys that aren't allowed to act when they're horney. Their accommodation and survival depends on avoiding SIN. The brother superior says it'll be like that when they're dead (eternal bliss) but only if they confess regularly & don't get excommunicated (booted out of the church). What's the point of that? Eternal bliss is 'no thinking' which might be accessible through other means than the church (cough, lots of drugs), but scriptures don't talk about it.

My conclusion is that without hot babes, thinking evaporates by itself. We need a physical stimulus to form imagination. This article says memories are made (Nature magazine) by the action of repairing DNA, a physical thing.

OK now that the plausibility is sort of established, I need to know how I can have a memory of something before it happens. Maybe a wormhole in the Akashic record(?) but that sounds like bull, so how about some kind of quantum entanglement where the same proteins entanglement extends through time, whatever happens takes place in more than one time/place. OK, that sounds like bull too but it's what I have for now. If you can do better, please write it in the comments. :)

Update, next day:

    Quantum Weirdness Now a Matter of Time (QuantaMagazine)

    "... These correlations seriously mess with our intuitions about time and space. Not only can two events be correlated, linking the earlier one to the later one, but two events can become correlated such that it becomes impossible to say which is earlier and which is later."
The authors are trying to entangle a secure message that cant be read before a certain date, but a side effect seems to be that an entangled temporal event can happen at a different time. In my case though, one is the event, the other is a perception of the event in a dream. I don't know what's actually happening but the pieces seem to go in the right direction.

1 comment:

Bill said...

My regards to everybody in Hong Kong. I suspect you're all finding me through some kind of portal. Can someone please tell me how it works? Bill :)