Friday, November 25, 2011

An excellent deconstruction of Christianity:
Thomas Paine (1737-1809) on Deism: http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/paine-deism.asp though he ultimately claims God is real because of his own definition of God. I can't argue with what he believes. My own experience is that something is there, but like random neutrinos that shoot by every year or two: there's no telling where it comes from (probably a variety of sources). Tracing trajectories back 14 billion years (if it were possible) could encounter millions of sources. The cause of the cause of the cause is not faith because faith comes after the fact. In fact there is no reason to think it's divine other than tradition and a lack of understanding.

But if it's not a physical phenomena, then it's inside my head, and if it's inside my head and divine anyway, then all you people better send me a fat check just to be on the safe side. Lastly, if you're skeptical of that scenario, then my work here is done.

.

No comments: